Terms and Conditions for 5 day Workshop
Agreement for Spiritual Workshop – Maharshi University of Spirituality
This is an Agreement between:
‘You’ also known as the ‘Participant’. These terms relate to you individually or as the representative of any group of persons by whatsoever name called or identified.
‘Maharshi Adhyatma Vishwavidyalay’ (hereinafter referred to as ‘MAVV’). ‘Maharshi Adhyatma Vishwavidyalay’ translated into English is known as the Maharshi University of Spirituality.
MAVV is an NGO (non-governmental organization) registered in Ponda, Goa, India and is engaged in the field of conducting spiritual research, and then publishing and educating others in the science of Spirituality and/or Spirituality. By ‘science of Spirituality’ we mean the systematic study of the spiritual dimension, which is a dimension beyond the 5 senses, mind (i.e. our feelings, emotions and desires) and intellect (i.e. our decision making process and reasoning ability).
If you are interested in undergoing any of MAVV’s workshops on the science of Spirituality that are conducted at any of our centre/s premises known as ‘Ashram’ and learning about the research done in the field of the science of Spirituality, then by signing this document, you hereby expressly and voluntarily accept each and every undertaking given herein below.
The undertakings given herein below are not restricted to just the literal meaning but also encompasses the implied meaning that can be interpreted by reading the undertakings together as a whole.
You hereby voluntarily and unconditionally agree that:
- The duration of the ‘5 Day Spiritual Workshops’ organized by MAVV will be strictly for a period of 5 days only and will take place during the periods stipulated on the MAVV website. You should plan your travel arrangements to arrive the day prior and leave the day after the stipulated dates of the Spiritual Workshop that you have been selected for.
- A fee of INR 15,750 for applicants from India or USD 200 for applicants from outside of India will be payable by you on being selected for the workshop.
- There will be no refund of registration fees once they are paid. Accordingly if you are unable to attend the workshop due to any reason whatsoever, there will be no refund of the registration fees paid by you. However we may allow the use of the same registration fees towards a similar course on other dates subject to availability. Incomplete services on our part will be restricted to abrupt abortion of the workshop for some difficulties on our part.
- During the stay in the Ashram if you violate the rules and regulations of the Ashram as given in the manual, you may be asked to leave the Ashram to maintain the Ashram’s sanctity. Under such circumstances, no refund of fees will be made to any Participant.
- Participants will need to make their own travel arrangements to Goa including purchase of tickets at their own cost. This includes international and national travel to and from Goa to their place of residence. Organizers in MAVV will not in any case take the responsibility of any kind in respect of the journey (international and local) of the Participant. Depending on transport availability MAVV will arrange for transportation for Participants from the local Airport, Train or Bus station in Goa to the Ashram.
- You are not a minor.
- You are not a person of unsound mind or infirm.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol or illegal substances is prohibited in the Ashram premises.
- You understand that Spiritual science is different from the material sciences that are taught in regular universities in the world. You understand that laws of Spiritual science can be experienced from within and the experiences, experiments and observations may vary from person to person.
- You understand that the relationship between you and MAVV or the teachers of MAVV is not of a buyer and seller nor are the MAVV/its teachers service providers to you. The said relationship is like a Guru-Shishya (the Master and His Disciple) as described in the scriptures in India of. You agree to respect this relationship and thus you state that you are not a consumer and claim no rights whatsoever to that effect.
- You understand and agree unconditionally that all rights regarding your admission, continuation and termination from the said Spiritual workshops are with MAVV and subject to change without any prior notice to you and you will accept and follow MAVV’s decisions unconditionally and immediately.
- MAVV will be in no way responsible to your conduct outside the MAVV campus. You accept to behave properly with other Participants.
- The payment you have made also covers the expenses relating to stay and food. MAVV tries to provide the best food and residential accommodation to its students but the food, climate and the culture may be different in India compared to what you are used to. You accept that the food and the residential accommodation will be as provided by us. You also accept to respect the culture and decorum maintained in the Ashram.
- The food and accommodation in the Ashram is limited for the period of the 5 day workshop and one day prior to and one day after the workshop. Outside of this period, the Participants will have to arrange for their food and accommodation outside the Ashram on their own and at their own cost.
- The 5 day workshop is a unique chance to spend time with others who share an interest in Spirituality with you. During the workshop you will share a room with other participants (unless you come as husband and wife in which case you may get your own room together). You are encouraged to spend time with the Participants in your room and also Participants outside your room to develop closeness with them. You agree to behave respectfully with the Participants you are sharing a room with and you acknowledge that it is your responsibility to help with keeping the room clean during your stay in the Ashram.
- MAVV will have basic medical amenities for you. MAVV will also try to provide all possible help to you in case you sustain any injury or illness during the workshop but MAVV is not liable for any such injury or illness or disease of any kind and you personally accept the consequences of such injuries or illnesses.
- You accept and understand that MAVV is not responsible for any loss or damage to your belongings. You accept that you bear full responsibility for any loss or damage to your belongings.
- MAVV can extend help with exchange of your nation’s currency to Indian currency.
- You accept that you will arrange for your own communication facilities with your friends and family. MAVV will try to provide you with Internet facilities on an “as available basis”. You accept to engage in any communication with friends and family after the workshop sessions are over for the day to ensure the smooth flow of the workshop.
- You accept to follow Indian laws. There will be formalities like intimating your stay in our Ashram to foreigner’s registration officers. MAVV will help in your stay for cooperating with Indian Authorities to its best way possible. However, you accept that it is your responsibility to understand Indian laws and follow them.
- If the Participant continues to stay in India after the workshop, for any reason whatsoever after the expiry of their Visa, the organizers shall not be responsible. Your visa to India will need to be valid through the duration of the Spiritual Workshop conducted by MAVV.